The Air Canada Centre’s jumbotron was the place to be the past weekend for the NBA All-Star 2016. Magic Johnson took center stage to deliver an appreciative speech. Kevin Durant and Stephen Curry urged the crowd to rise to its feet for a standing ovation when he checked out, and the fans responded by chanting his name.
But the All-Star Game’s defining Kobe Bryant tribute came when both teams decided to play apathetic defense like the Lakers.
All of the elements for a memorable send-off for Bryant were in place on Sunday, when the West smashed the East 196–173 in a record-setting performance.
The Slam Dunk contest also showed off some amazing skills from the players that entered but it was Minnesota Timber Wolf’s Zach LaVine that took the title for a 2nd year while Karl-Anthony Towns & Klay Tompson won the Skills & Three Pointer challenges respectively. You can see all that went down at the NBA All-Stra 2016 here.
But the NBA All-Star weekend isnt only about the game & its players but also the sneakers that were worn on the court. So lets take a look at some of the freshest kicks that featured this weekend.
1. KOBE BRYANT (Kobe XI Elite ASG
2. LEBRON JAMES (LeBron XIII ASG)
3. KYLE LOWRY (Adidas Crazylight Boost 2.5 PE)
4. RUSSELL WESTBROOK (Air Jordan XXX)
5. ZACH LAVINE (Nike Air Foamposite One “Northern Lights”)
6. KRISTAPS PORZINGIS (Nike Kobe X Elite “Opening Night”)
7. KARL-ANTHONY TOWNS (Nike Kobe X Elite)
8. JABARI PARKER (Jordan CP3. IX)
9. EMMANUEL MUDIAY (Under Armour)
10. JAHLIL OKAFOR (Nike LeBron Soldier 9)
11. ANDREW WIGGINS (adidas Crazylight Boost 2.5)
12. RODNEY HOOD (Nike HyperRev 2016)
Source: Sports Illustrated